- Apple Developer account
- Xcode is set up with both a developer and distribution provisioning profile
- An application has been created in iTunes
- When you're ready to build or test an app that you've made, select the project in the Project Explorer
- Select the project again when Xcode displays the properties of the project.
- Under Code Signing for both Debug and Release select your respective provisioning profile.
- Set the simulator to iOS Device
- Using the image in step 4, click and hold the project name, in this case Persistence, and select Edit Schema
- Click on Archive in the left hand pane, and set the Build Configuration to Release
- Click OK to close the window.
- Go to Product -> Archive to build the Archive.
- When Xcode finishes building the archive, the Organizer will open. Select the archive that was just built and validate it by clicking on the Validate… button.
- When the archive has been successfully validated, click on the Distribute… button.
- Xcode will ask for your Apple Developer ID and password, provide those.
- The next step will ask you what app this is for. The pre-requisite for this step is that you have created an app in iTunes Connect or have specified that you want to release a new version of the app. If you have not done either, you can not continue.